State of Emergency Update to River Region Chamber Members:
The Corona virus has caused our entire country to take drastic moves to protect all citizens, including limiting personal contact.
Therefore, effective today, Monday, March 16, and through Monday, April 13, the Chamber office is closed to all visitors. We will remain fully operational with staff present or working remotely and available by phone or email during regular office hours. Please dial 985-359-9777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any Chamber-related questions and the proper staff member will respond.
All committee meetings will be held virtually. Whatever can be done virtually will be in the interest of community safety.
In addition, we will be postponing all events for the next 30 days and will send updates as we know more.
In our efforts to keep you informed, it is likely that daily emails will be sent vs. our regular Chamber e-blasts sent on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Nola.com: Louisiana Bars Closed, Restaurants Limited to Take-out, Delivery
- St. John Parish Government
- St. Charles Parish Government
- St. James Parish Government
- Centers for Disease Control: New Guidance on Event Gatherings
- Entergy's Insights on Responding to Coronavirus
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions & Answers
- Greater New Orleans Foundation Disaster Response and Restoration Fund
- La. Workforce Division COVID-19 Unemployment Information
- United Way of Southeast La. COVID-19 Preparedness Tips and Information
- Restaurants available for Take-out
BUSINESS RESOURCES & TIPS
- U. S. Chamber: Coronavirus Response Toolkit
- U.S. Chamber's Guidance to Employers to Plan and Respond to COVID-19
- U. S. Small Business Administration: SBA Disaster Assistance
- U. S. Small Business Administration: Tips for Small Businesses
- Labi's Tips for Businesses
- LED's COVID-19 Business Resources
- U.S. Dept. of Treasury COVID-19 Resources
- WorkNOLA's Job Resources
- Filing Unemployment Claims due to COVID-19
- GNO Inc. Coronavirus Resources
- Workplace Tips for Employees
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employer Paid Leave Requirements
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- CDC's Business Pandemic Influenza Planning List
- Postlethwaite & Netterville's Coronavirus Resource Center
- LDR's Income Tax Relief Guide
As always, we appreciate your trust in your Chamber.
Chassity McComack, IOM
River Region Chamber of Commerce