How to Build a Successful Website (Planning and Design)
If You Build It (Correctly) They Will Come: Building A Successful Website
A 4-part series with
St. John the Baptist Parish, River Region Chamber of Commerce and the Louisiana Small Business Development Center
Erik Waters, Business Consultant, LSBDC
ALL ATTENDEES MUST BE SEBD CERTIFIED. VISIT: tinyurl.com/SEBDCertify to complete the short,
free application process and receive your SEBD Certification Number.
A website is necessary to promote your business' products, services, and value in ways that social
media and other marketing efforts can't. It is your business away from the business, designed to
inform, communicate, and promote who you are and what you have to offer to an audience of billions!
Some key benefits to having a website for your small business are:
- Most people prefer to shop online for products AND services,
- Mobile is growing and growing,
- Marketing opportunities increase from local to global,
- Tracking traffic to a website is a great measurement of the effectiveness of your other marketing
efforts like flyers, social media and word-of-mouth, and
- Digital sales conversions take a lot less time and more cost-effective than attracting customers
to your brick and mortar location.
This website building series will give you hands-on-experience in creating an affordable website
that is unique to your business and the ability to take control and make changes when YOU want to,
as well as get found in online searches and track how successful your marketing is.